Perks of Living in Henrico, VA
July 29, 2021
Whenever anyone asks us, “Where is Henrico VA?” we always answer the same: in the most convenient spot in Virginia!
Henrico County boasts easy access to downtown Richmond, plenty of top-notch attractions, and it’s just a quick trip from the mountains, beach, and our nation’s capital. Add highly rated Henrico VA schools and adventures wading in and around the James and Chickahominy rivers, and it’s easy to see why all Henrico VA real estate — and especially townhomes in Henrico VA — can be here today and gone tomorrow.
From the West End to the North Side, Henrico VA County remains in demand. Here’s a closer look at some of the big draws of this Central Virginia destination and StyleCraft’s new townhomes in Henrico VA.HENRICO & RICHMOND VA ENTERTAINMENT
When homebuyers are looking for Henrico VA townhomes for sale, they’re also going to find a number of desirable attractions within a close drive, from a world-famous raceway to miles of Virginia history.
- Take Pole Position at Richmond Raceway: Where is Henrico VA? It’s where Richmond Raceway draws motor sports fans from around the world. From the NASCAR Cup Series to the NASCAR Xfinity Serie, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the “Action Track” today hosts some of the most well-known racing series. Whether you’re a diehard Denny Hamlin fan or only care about what’s sizzling on the grill at the impressive tailgate scene, Richmond Raceway has something for everyone. And if you find the right townhomes in Henrico VA, you can hear the roar of engines and even smell the brats cooking from your own backyard.
- Explore Curated Collections: Learning doesn’t end outside the walls of Henrico VA schools, colleges, and universities. It lives on in Henrico and Greater Richmond’s treasured museums. Get lost in the abstract works of painters and sculptors at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA). Here, Kehinde Wiley’s 27-foot-tall Rumors of War, a response to Confederate monuments, awaits visitors. The VMFA joins The Institute for Contemporary Art, The Black History Museum, Valentine Museum, Virginia Museum of History and Culture, and American Civil War Museum as must-visit attractions. And if you’re interested in a fresh take on the typical museum experience, drink in Unhappy Hour at the Poe Museum or swing by the Virginia Science Museum for a game of rat basketball.
- Travel Back in Time: While museums take much of the legwork out of exploring Virginia’s past, field trips to the most famous Henrico VA real estate (aka, historic sites) can offer an even more immersive experience. There’s no better place to begin your tour than at the Virginia State Capitol. Designed by Thomas Jefferson, the iconic structure looks so similar to the White House that it’s served as a stand-in for the building in films and TV shows. Head east and you’ll run into St. John’s Church, the Church Hill landmark at which Patrick Henry famously implored, “Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!” From the Civil War-era cannons guarding Dabbs House Museum to the convincing re-enactors pacing through Henricus Historical Park, living history abounds in Henrico VA County.
TOWNHOMES FOR SALE HENRICO VA
OK, enough with the history lesson; let’s move on to a Henrico VA real estate primer. As you look at Henrico VA townhomes for sale, there’s some important information you should have about the market to make your search smarter and shorter.
First, it’s not enough to simply know the answer to, “Where is Henrico VA located?” You need to know each town, hamlet, and neighborhood in order to decide where you’ll live your best life. Is Short Pump’s retail therapy calling your name? Or are Glen Allen’s family-friendly communities a better fit?
Here’s some news and numbers to help you dial in the right spot — updated as of September 2022:
- Henrico is still considered a sellers’ market. This means there are still more people buying homes than selling homes, limiting the inventory. But if you play your cards right, new home construction can be the great equalizer.
- The clock is ticking.The average home sells after being on the market for 10 days, which means that searching for Henrico VA townhomes for sale may require you to move fast.
- Getting what you ask for. And then some. Homes in Henrico, VA have sold for 10.9% more than they did a year ago — with the average home selling around $350,000 (up $35,000 from the year prior). That means that successful bidders were overpaying for resale homes.
HENRICO VA SCHOOLS
Despite all we’ve already shared about Henrico VA County, when we ask homebuyers why they’re looking here, “quality of schools” remains one of the most popular responses.
The county’s 320,000 residents makes it the Commonwealth’s six largest school system. And with 70-plus schools and program centers, getting from townhomes in Henrico VA to the classroom before the morning bell is always a quick trip.
Some of the Henrico’s scholastic highlights include being named among the “Best Communities for Music Education” by the National Association of Music Merchants for 20-plus years and recently earning 13 Achievement Awards from the National Association of Counties — all chalked up to developing innovative programs to serve Henrico citizens.
STYLECRAFT TOWNHOMES IN HENRICO VA
Now that you know all the reasons to consider making Henrico VA County your next hometown, you need to find the right-fit home. If you start your search with Village at Millers Lane, you’ll likely end it there, too. When it comes to Henrico VA real estate, our low-maintenance townhome community has quickly become a popular choice for homebuyers looking for their first or next home. Credit the included garage, lawn care on the house, plenty of storage, and a spacious owner’s suite. Priced from the mid-$200s and located near all the highways to get from here to there, Village at Millers Lane is built to move.