Harper’s Mill: Live Up in the Community of the Year
November 8, 2017
How do you truly get to know a community without living in it? It’s a question we often hear from homebuyers. And because we live among the very communities we build in, we’re in a unique position to share an insider’s look at your potential new home.
Harper’s Mill in a Nutshell
Harper’s Mill has it all. But isn’t that what you’d expect from the Community of the Year? With a prime Chesterfield location, ample amenities, top-rated schools, and so much more, it’s easy to picture yourself Living Up in one of RVA’s most in-demand spots. Plus, just when you thought life couldn’t get any better, enter StyleCraft Homes. We selected the community’s Hartridge neighborhood because it offers the largest homesites available, beautifully spaced out among tree-lined streets. Add StyleCraft’s trademark superior craftsmanship and floor plans designed to meet the needs of growing families — and you’ll quickly see that it’s easy to call Harper’s Mill home. Here are a few more reasons why…
Here is what makes Harper’s Mill special…
- The best of both worlds: Harper’s Mill offers the privacy and close conveniences of a small neighborhood with the amenities and features of larger community. There are, in fact, more than 1,200 acres of living space in Harper’s Mill, and wherever you are, it always feels just right.
- The head of the class: With top-rated Chesterfield County schools, you’ll feel confident that your children are receiving the best possible public education. Plus, Winterpock Elementary is actually located within Harper’s Mill, making those morning and afternoon rushes easier on everyone.
- Tight-knit neighbors: Harper’s Mill is a community where neighbors come together as friends. Where book clubs and happy hours happen regularly. And where events and festivals provide built-in weekend entertainment. No plans? No problem, we have you covered.
At Harper’s Mill, you’ll discover a big back yard full of fun, relaxation, and all the activities you could imagine. This includes a bustling clubhouse, resort-style pool with splash zone, a dog park, full-size athletic fields, and more than 25 miles of walking and biking trails. Plus, a brand-new playground will keep the kiddos busy — and everyone happy.
Here are a few of the local sights to check out…
- Pocahontas State Park (just minutes from Harper’s Mill): One of the jewels and among the largest of Virginia’s impressive public park system, Pocahontas State Park is a waterfront destination with a thriving boating, fishing, and swimming scene. Add hiking trails, horseback riding, and popular concerts, and there is something for everyone.
- Swift Creek Reservoir (5 miles from Harper’s Mill): This picturesque, 1,700-acre reservoir is a waterfront recreation site popular with boaters and simply those looking to steal a look at the perfect sunset. On your typical sunny day, you’ll find folks dropping lines in the water for bass, as well dozens of sailboats and kayaks floating on by.
- Metro Richmond Zoo (12 minutes from Harper’s Mill): Richmond has a zoo? Yes, Richmond has a zoo! With more than 2,000 animals, including an impressive primate collection, safari sky rides and the chance to feed hungry giraffes, you can spend a day at the zoo without having to spend a day on I-95 heading north.
The Dining Scene
As Richmond’s culinary scene gets more impressive by the day, Chesterfield is right there impressing foodies and casual diners alike. Here are a few spots near Harper’s Mill to put on your “must visit” list.
- Vinny’s Italian Grill & Pizzeria: If you’re looking for Italian fare that tastes just like mom’s, swing by Vinny’s and grab a slice of the New York-style pizza, complete with hand-rolled dough and a special sauce. Heck, grab a whole pie.
- The Boathouse at Sunday Park: Come for the breathtaking sunsets above Swift Creek Reservoir, and stay for the scrumptious seafood tower. If you’re looking for waterfront outdoor dining with locally sourced specials, this is the spot — not just in Chesterfield, but in Central Virginia. Try the shrimp and grits, wood-fired pizzas, and tasty steaks.
- Pescados: How about a little trip to the Caribbean without having to leave home? Award-winning Pescados offers a Latin-Caribbean-inspired menu with popular dishes such as grilled calamari, fish tacos, and voodoo shrimp.
Together, Harper’s Mill and StyleCraft Homes check all the boxes. And now it’s time to pack yours and Live Up in a community that has it all. To learn more about Harper’s Mill, call us at 804.523.HOME.
*This blog post has been modified as of 6/1/21 to reflect a change in warranty or Freestyle services.