All About Condos: What They Are and How They Make Life Easier for Homebuyers
October 22, 2020
“What are condos?”
It’s a question we’re answering with increasing frequency these days because we’re building our first condo community: The Overlook at Hancock Village.
The Chesterfield community is already on the map because of it’s convenient location — its neighbors include Starbucks and Dick’s Sporting Goods. And that theme of convenience extends to our new two-story condos featuring StyleCraft’s signature craftsmanship.
Here’s a closer look at what condos are, the benefits they deliver to homeowners, and why they’re right at home at The Overlook at Hancock Village.
A CLOSER LOOK AT CONDOS
Condos, short for condominiums, are individual property units that are part of a larger complex. At The Overlook at Hancock Village, they’re stacked, two-story homes with separate front doors and easy access to individual garages.
One other way condos are different from single-family homes is that outside the home itself, there is no additional property to maintain. Instead, community amenities, including lawn care, are available to homeowners — as is the case with The Overlook at Hancock Village. (We’ll get to those in a bit.)
Otherwise, condos are no different than any other home you’d walk through. At The Overlook at Hancock Village, you’ll find two floor plans: the Rosewell and the Highland. Each features:
- One-car garage: Providing the space you need for your vehicle or workshop.
- Open spaces: Including a fluid kitchen-café-family room layout and plenty of space for entertaining
- Spacious Owner’s Suite: With private bathroom, dual walk-in closets, and dual vanities
- Loft: With access to a deck
And while the Rosewell & Highland each Live Up individually, they both value privacy. We’ve designed each floor plan with you in mind — ensuring that you’ll enjoy no noise traveling between condos, your own garage, and a private entrance to your home.
BREAKING DOWN THE MANY BENEFITS OF CONDO OWNERSHIP
Now that we’re more familiar with condos — and more specifically, those at The Overlook at Hancock Village — let’s talk benefits.
- Priced Right: Condo living offers The Overlook at Hancock Village homebuyers the best of both worlds: uncompromising quality and affordability. In fact, here homeowners make monthly mortgage payments that mirror their old monthly rent payments, making it an ideal landing spot for first-time homebuyers.
- Around the Corner Convenience: Convenience Lives Up inside and outside for Overlook at Hancock Village homebuyers. It starts right outside your door, with popular dining and retail destinations just a short walk away. Inside, the condos feature versatile spaces that seamlessly flow together. They’re built for work, entertaining, and simply relaxing.
- Increasing Appreciation: Perhaps the knock homebuyers had on condos in the past was that they appreciated a bit behind single-family homes. But that is changing — fast. In fact, over the past decade, the script has flipped, with condo appreciation often outpacing that of single-family homes.
- Amenities: Condos are synonymous with community amenities. At The Overlook at Hancock Village, homeowners have access to a gym, clubhouse area, and walking trails.
- Low-Maintenance: With condos, exterior maintenance and lawn care comes on the house. This means that at The Overlook at Hancock Village, there’s fewer to-dos and more to do!
Ready to learn more about how owning a condo could help you Live Up beyond compare? Schedule your visit to The Overlook at Hancock Village’s Model Homes today, where you can learn more about the homes and community that are building buzz.