A Guide to Chesterfield, VA
September 8, 2023
Picturesque views, award-winning schools, vibrant shopping centers, and some of Richmond’s most sought-after communities (including a few StyleCraft communities); Chesterfield has earned its reputation as being one of the most desirable areas for residents to call “home.”
If you’re considering making the move to Chesterfield, use this guide to become acquainted with the area — including some of the most popular pockets of the county!
Get to Know Moseley, VA
Nestled in Chesterfield County, Moseley’s breathtaking scenery and small-town charm is a storybook come to life. Homeowners have plenty of convenient access to grocery stores, shopping centers, and popular dining locations like Charred and Casa Tezcal. And most notably, Moseley is home to the prestigious Blue-Ribbon winning Cosby School District that is highly sought-after for families moving into the area.
Things to do in Moseley, VA
There are plenty of attractions and activities to see and do in Moseley:
- Richmond Metro Zoo: Perfect for a day with family and friends, the Richmond Metro Zoo is home to 2000 animals representing 190 species from around the world. Explore events and attractions like Wild Runs, feeding the giraffes, ziplining, and much more.
- Birkdale Golf Club: Whether you’re looking for a casual round with friends, considering a membership, or interested in hosting a charity event, Birkdale Golf Club prides itself on being fun, friendly, and up to date on fairway and facility improvements.
- Swift Creek Reservoir: A community treasure, Swift Creek Reservoir is the ideal place for a peaceful morning kayak, a relaxing day with the family, or an exciting day for fishing. Residents rave about its gorgeous views and convenient location.
Living in Moseley, VA
One of the hallmarks of living in Moseley is that no matter your stage of life, there is a community to fit your needs: whether you’re interested in a 55+ community, a townhome ideal for your first or next home, or a single-family home that allows you to stretch out and Live Up.
Plus, you can have your pick of communities that align with your preferences. Whether you’re looking for amenities on your doorstep, or convenient access to shopping and restaurants, your ideal neighborhood awaits to welcome you home.
If you’re seeking recommendations for 55+ communities, check out some StyleCraft communities in Moseley, VA:
- The Overlook at Hancock Village: The only 2-story condos with a garage and luxury finishes in Chesterfield's Cosby School District from the mid $300s
- Greenwich Walk Townhomes: The only first-floor living townhomes with two-car garages in a resort-style 55+ community just steps away from shopping and dining, from the upper $300s
- Woolridge Landing: Single-family homes located on private, tree-lined homesites, in an amenity-filled 55 plus community
N. Chesterfield, VA
Get to Know N. Chesterfield, VA
Located just north of Chesterfield lies North Chesterfield, VA. This area features desirable shopping centers, plenty of options for recreation right outside your front door, and seamless highway access for daily commutes or traveling. A cornerstone of North Chesterfield is the space that invites locals to enjoy its outdoor beauty including parks, golf courses, and hiking/biking trails.
Things to do in N. Chesterfield, VA
- Stonebridge Shopping Center: Conveniently located, Stonebridge Shopping Center offers an array of shopping, dining, and entertainment options including well-known brands and local boutiques.
- Providence Golf Club: Providence Golf Club is known for incorporating the beautiful surrounding scenery with its fairway to make for a memorable round of golf.
- Richmond Ice Zone: Birthday parties, open skating, hockey, and more, Richmond Ice Zone is a great place for family fun or an exciting evening with friends.
Living in N. Chesterfield, VA
North Chesterfield is perfect for individuals looking for room to breathe, whether it's a backyard surrounded by trees or simply more space to relax. With the ideal location for easy access to highways, communities in N. Chesterfield are in a prime location for those seeking convenience at their fingertips. And while there aren’t currently any StyleCraft communities, it’s definitely on our to-do list!
Get to Know Chester, VA
Where a small-town feel meets the conveniences of a large city, Chester is where you’ll get to know the wonderful features of this community with locally-owned shops, outdoor destinations that allow you to enjoy the great outdoors with the whole family, and popular options for dinner and date night!
Chester’s popularity has significantly grown in popularity among Chesterfield homebuyers due to its ideal location, but has kept its friendly, small-town charm that sets it apart from other areas of the county.
Things to do in Chester, VA
- Virginia Capital Trail: Covering over 50 miles and stretching over four counties, the Virginia Capital Trail is a cycling/pedestrian path that connects Richmond to its original, Colonial Era capital of Jamestown.
- Ashton Creek Vineyard: Enjoy a day of tasting award-winning, handcrafted wines or plan your next rustic-chic event at the beautiful Ashton Creek Vineyard. And yes, even your furry family members can join, too, on the dog-friendly outdoor spaces.
- Ironbridge Sports Park: Work on your long-game at the driving range or play a riveting 18-hole round of mini-golf with friends and family at Ironbridge Sports Park!
Living in Chester, VA
Chester, VA is ideal for those looking for a single-family home with a spacious backyard, or for those seeking a low-maintenance townhome. If you’re considering moving to Chester, you can expect award-winning schools right on the doorstep, plus convenient access to highways, retail centers, and excellent dining options. Chester is the perfect place for those who want to be close to the hustle and bustle, while still having an intimate feeling of community. If you’re interested in making the move, check out The Townes at Iron Mill in the heart of Chester. We can’t wait to welcome you home!
Get to Know Midlothian, VA
Situated west of Richmond, Midlothian, VA is known for its proud coal mining and railway history, old churches, and unique shops. Today, the Midlothian neighborhood is a burgeoning commercial and residential community that allows its residents and visitors to take a step back in time with its quaint, historical ambiance with the convenience of modern amenities.
Things to do in Midlothian, VA
- Westchester Commons Shopping Center: This beautiful outdoor hub for shopping and dining center has everything you need at your fingertips. Whether you are in the market for a new wardrobe, looking for a perfect dinner spot with friends, or seeking a night of entertainment, Westchester Commons is the spot for it all.
- Stonehenge Golf Course: Stonehenge Golf Club prides itself on its charm, serene beauty, and commitment to members and guests for an unforgettable, high-quality experience.
- Midlothian Mines Park: What was once one of the first major industrial sites in the United States is now a 44-acre preserve of cut stone ruins surrounded by stunning woodlands. Whether you’re looking to take a stroll, volunteer, or enjoy live music during their concert series, Midlothian Mines should be on your list of places to visit.
Living in Midlothian, VA
From historic houses to modern suburban developments, including single-family homes, townhomes, condos, and apartments — Midlothian has ample housing options to suit your stage of life. This close-knit community suits everyone from young professionals to families to retirees. Here, you won’t miss out on maintaining a balance of living in a quaint community with the exciting entertainment that Chesterfield has to offer. If you’re considering making the move to Midlothian, be sure to check out The Edge at Westchester Commons.
Call Chesterfield Your Home
It’s no secret that Chesterfield, VA is a hub for idyllic living-and there’s plenty of communities that you could be calling “home.” If you’re looking to move sooner than later, StyleCraft has new construction communities that feature Quick Move-In Homes that have all of the benefits of new construction, without the wait. Want to learn more? Call Katie Brown and Demi Morton at 804.523.4663.