Landing at Swift Creek: Where Waterfront Living Is Just the Beginning
February 7, 2018
How do you truly get to know a community without living in it? It’s a question we often hear from homebuyers. And because we live among the very communities we build in, we’re in a unique position to share an insider’s look at your potential new home.
Landing at Swift Creek In a Nutshell
This is where the great outdoors meets the great indoors. Where you can enjoy a private refuge on a 2/3-acre homesite, and still be close to shopping and dining hot spots. Where you can downsize to one spacious floor or upsize to comfortably fit your growing family, all against the picturesque backdrop of Swift Creek Reservoir. The Landing at Swift Creek is like nothing you’ve ever experienced, and it’s time to take a deep dive into this waterfront community to learn why it’s the talk of the town.
Here is what makes the Landing at Swift Creek special…
- Where dreams become reality: When StyleCraft Homes partnered with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to build the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway House, we chose the Landing at Swift Creek as the location. In our minds, there was no better stage for this passion project. There is just something about the tranquility of the Swift Creek Reservoir, combined with the community’s idyllic, wooded homesites that made it an ideal fit. We encourage you to take a moment to see our progress on the “Dream Home” — and to see how you can be part of this special undertaking.
- Acing the test: You’ve probably heard of Cosby High School, which is one of the top-rated schools in Chesterfield County and Greater Richmond. The Landing at Swift Creek is located less than 3 miles from Cosby and conveniently located near the district’s other high-performing schools.
- Who needs a postcard… when can you wake to gorgeous waterfront sunrises and spend sunsets at the community fire pit or pavilion? Not only is the view worth writing home about, but the timing is right. That’s because the Landing at Swift Creek includes among the last remaining new construction homesites on the reservoir.
Here your #1 amenity is the water. And we’ve done a lot to enhance your enjoyment of the Swift Creek Reservoir, from building a dock offering private access to providing community kayaks you can take out for a calming wade or rigorous workout. Plus, with a pavilion and fire pit both located nearby, you can gather with family, friends, and neighbors after a day of outdoor fun to chill out or warm up.
Here are a few of the local sights to check out…
- Rockwood Park (17 minutes from the Landing at Swift Creek): This sprawling. 160-plus-acre park has it all, from fields and courts to playgrounds and an archery range. It also has an expansive trail system to explore on foot or bike, as well as garden plots. Be sure to swing by the Rockwood Nature Center, where you can see native reptiles, stare down a honey bee hive, and more. Best of all, it’s free and open to the public!
- Children’s Museum of Richmond (9 minutes from the Landing at Swift Creek): Any parent (or grandparent) of young children knows that helping kids unleash their energy in a healthy, positive way can be a challenge. But this is exactly what the Children’s Museum specializes in. With an open layout, water play, story time, art studio, and other attractions, the Chesterfield branch of this Richmond institution packs plenty of fun, whether you’re looking for a great location for your child’s next birthday party or simply need to blow off some steam on a rainy Saturday afternoon.
- Swift Creek Reservoir: Remember that inviting body of water right in your back yard? Take off from our community dock or explore further afoot, and you’ll find all sorts of ways to spend a day with friends and family, from bass fishing to sailing around the 1,700-acre reservoir.
The Dining Scene
If your home kitchen needs a break, the Landing at Swift Creek has a number of top local options for grabbing a bite on the go or gathering for a big family dinner.
- Orexi Greek & Mediterranean Restaurant: This family-run Midlothian restaurant is a flavorful tour featuring all the expected authentic favorites, and then some. You can’t go wrong with the Chicken Gyro, finishing it off with some homemade Baklava, of course. And if you’re in search of a tasty vegan option, you’re in luck.
- Off the Grid Café: This family-run Chesterfield eatery on the corner on Hull Street is a popular choice for breakfast as well as deli meats and cheese (available by the pound). We recommend building your own omelet, or if you’re stopping by for lunch, kicking off the afternoon with the Italian Boot, a Grid special.
The Landing at Swift Creek is no shallow beauty. Here the amenities, features, and fun run deep. Come see what you’re missing. And go with the flow. To learn more about the Landing at Swift Creek, call us at 804.523.HOME.